Citadel™ SSDs for Securing Data at Rest (DAR)
Data at Rest Security… Simplified
Citadel FIPS certified self-encrypting SSDs, powered by CipherDrive™, are the only low cost SSDs to integrate pre-tested multifactor authentication, pre-boot authentication (PBA), and hardware encryption. This enables CSfC DAR security solutions to be built with standard laptops, desktops, and tactical servers.
New! Citadel GL for Headless Usage
Introducing our new Citadel GL SSDs. Citadel GL FIPS certified self-encrypting SSDs, powered by CipherDrive™, are the only low-cost and ITAR-free SSDs featuring headless authentication.
Unlock Hardware Performance
Our built-in PBA unlocks access to the encrypted operating system or virtual machine on the Citadel SSD, as well as the data stored there. This secured data is encrypted by NSA-approved Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption at the hardware level. Once booted, Citadel allows no-overhead, hardware-speed access to encrypted data at the full performance of the system.
- Military-Grade Data at Rest (DAR) Security
- Authorization Acquisition (AA) and Encryption Engine (EE)
- Operating System Agnostic
- AES 256-bit Encryption at Hardware Speeds
- TAA Compliant
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 for SSD and FIPS 140-2 for PBA
- Common Criteria (CC) pending SSD and CC-certified PBA
- Perfect for creating CSfC DAR security solutions
- Multi-drive support for tactical servers and other systems with multiple Citadel SSDs: unlock one SSD to authorize access to all SSDs
Easily Deployed Military-Grade Data at Rest Security
Integrated hardware solution
- Pre-boot locking (pre-boot authentication)
- Hardware AES 256-bit encryption engine
- No software required
- No software overhead
- Hardware speeds
Compatible with your systems
- Windows, Linux, and hypervisors like SecureView
- NVMe and SATA interfaces
- M.2 and 2.5-inch
- Suitable for commercial laptops and desktops
- Use computers from major OEMs, system builders
Perfect for DoD, Federal agency, critical infrastructure
- Address Federal requirements to secure DAR
- COTS pricing and availability
- No need for expensive, specialized solutions
Easy to Manage DAR Security
A pre-boot authentication layer is built into Citadel SSDs to authenticate a user (using either a password or smart card) before the operating system boots. This pre-boot authentication, combined with full-disk hardware encryption, protects the entire DIGISTOR SSD and not just individual files.
The built-in dashboard gives a quick and detailed overview of the security profile of the computer.
Building a Citadel of Trust in a Zero Trust World
Your challenge is to secure and protect the Data at Rest under your control to the extent determined by its classification levels. You need to beware the increasing cyberattacks while limiting the attack surface. At the same time, to fulfill your mission, you have to manage cost and complexity while providing authorized users access to files and data across a multitude of platforms.
Is Your Data at Rest (DAR) Truly Secure?
If there’s anything we’ve learned over recent years, it’s that our computer systems in general — and the precious data stored on them in particular — are susceptible to attack by hackers. These bad actors can range from independent entities to nation states.