TCG Opal 2.0 Self-Encrypting Drives
What is TCG Opal?
Developed by the Trusted Computing Group (TCG), an international organization whose members work together to formulate industry standards, the Opal Storage Specification is a set of security specifications used for applying hardware-based encryption to storage devices.
SED AES 256-bit Encryption
- Self-encrypting Drives with AES 256-bit encryption
- No way to brute force in. Encryption Key is randomly generated
- Key can be destroyed in less than a second, rendering all stored data useless and cannot be decrypted.
done on device, less load
- Zero impact on the system speed when encrypting or decrypting
- With the implementation of hardware encryption, users can benefit from better performance.
- Fully OS-agnostic will run on any system
Pre-boot authentication (Shadow MBR)
Authenticating access before the computer boots protects the integrity of the OS.